Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A new blog

I have felt a little estranged from the blog I started on my journey to have a child. It was all about my incompetent cervix and the joys and sorrows of becoming a mother. It is the eve of Spencer's 4th birthday and I want to write about him, about us without worrying how I would make someone who recently experienced a loss feel. Thus the new blog.

On my way home today I'm stopping at the pet store to buy him two goldfish and some helium balloons. After he's asleep I'll put the balloons above his bed and the fish on his dresser. Happy almost birthday my sweet, sweet boy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're here. And I love the new title. From incompetent cervix to competent mom. That's what we (IC moms) want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your blog! I too have incompetent cervix so I'm always excited to read someone else's journey! I'm so glad to hear you were able to have a baby and had at least 1 pregnancy that went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. I was diagnosed with an incompetent cervix at 22 weeks pregnant and we delivered and lost our baby girl when I was just shy of 24 weeks. I am beyond devastated, but finding some comfort in that I'm not alone. I hope you will continue to write!

    ReplyDelete