Monday, April 15, 2013

An experiment

We went to a concert at Spencer's school on Monday. Sitting in front of us was a lovely couple who were there with their four children. They don't speak English so I'm not entirely sure what they were talking about -- but what I noticed was how she looked at her husband and children. You could tell by the look on her face, in her eyes just how much she loves her family. I'm not sure how I look at my husband and son, but observing her made me want to be conscious of how I look at them. This weekend I made a concerted effort to smile more and hold their gazes a little longer. I loved what happened. Especially with Spencer -- he would be expressionless and then suddenly was wearing a big smile. I'm going to try my best that my son and husband know how much I love them just by the look on my face.

1 comment:

  1. Just clicking though random blogs and saw your post here. I love what you said about making more of an effort. I think as mom's it gets easy to get caught up and tired. Making that effort to look not only at your children, but your husband with more love seems like one of those little things that goes a long way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete